Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Existentialism

After being not in my mood, finally Good Vibes! Done with my Homework in Philosophy, Existentialism Chart.
As I do my Homework I've marked some phrases:

  • The Problems considered by existentialist thinkers arise out of personal experience.
  • Man as the original center, the source of initiative, who has depth, who transcends determinations, the openness and giver of meaning to the world.
  • To exist is to co-exist, to participate in the fullness of being (God) through love, fidelity and faith.
  • Pushing and rolling stone, to live the absurdity of life.
  • Freedom is what enables man to pass from the aesthetic state to the ethical, and ultimately to make leap of faith, the highest act of man's liberty.
  • The being-ahead-of-itself of dasein while having-been and making-present entities in his world.
  • Existence precedes essence. Man first exist then gradually creates his own essence.
  • Freedom is man's ability to say "Yes"
  • For life to be human , it must answer the question, What am I living for?
  • Value is subjective because value always presupposes a subject who values: value is always value-for-me.
  • Value is objective because there is truly something I can live and die for.
Just as man cannot evade time, so he cannot escape from this search for meaning, for upon this hinges the integrity and wholeness of his humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment